Geothermal Air Conditioning Systems Maryville, TN and Surrounding Areas
Living in Tennessee means dealing with some intense temperatures, especially in the summer. While standard central air conditioners and air-source heat pumps are great options for many homes, they can struggle when the temperature gets too high or too low. For the most efficient heating and cooling the HVAC industry has to offer, you need to turn to the power of geothermal energy. The team at Stanley Best Heating & Air, Inc. proudly installs geothermal HVAC systems in Alcoa, Knoxville, Lenoir City, Loudon, Maryville and the surrounding Tennessee communities.
Advantages of Geothermal HVAC in Knoxville Homes
An air-source heat pump uses a reversible cooling cycle to exchange heat with the outside air. In the summer, the heat pump collects heat from inside and pumps it out of your home; in the winter, it collects heat from outside and pumps it in. This cycle is very efficient in mild weather, but it can struggle to heat or cool your home when the outside air gets extremely hot or cold.
Geothermal heat pumps use the same cooling cycle, but instead of depending on the outside air, they take advantage of the stable temperatures found underground. Because the ground never gets extremely hot or cold, geothermal energy provides highly efficient climate control all year long.
Types of Geothermal Heat Pumps for Your Knoxville Home
A geothermal system consists of an above-ground heat pump and a below-ground loop. There are three major underground loop configurations:
- Horizontal Loop: Usually used in residential settings, this loop is buried relatively shallow and requires a fair amount of space. Horizontal loops are less expensive to install but also provide somewhat less efficient heating and cooling.
- Vertical Loop: This type of loop extends deep underground and is preferred for commercial applications. Vertical loops are expensive up front because they require a great deal of excavation, but they also provide incredibly efficient heating and cooling.
- Water-Source Loop: This configuration is only usable if you have a lake, pond or other water feature on your property. Efficiency depends on the depth of the water.
Knoxville’s Trusted Resource for Geothermal HVAC
A geothermal system is a long-term investment. The aboveground components are good for about 25 years with minimal maintenance, and the underground loop will last 50 years or more. That’s why it’s so important to have a dependable company install your system.
We’re proud to be a Trane Comfort Specialist, which means we’ve met high standards of technical expertise and customer satisfaction. Our service technicians hold our industry’s highest certification, NATE certification. In addition, we are:
- A third-generation family-owned company
- A smaller family business that provides individual attention
- Strong believers in treating everyone like family
When you’re ready to put the power of geothermal energy to work for your home, Stanley Best Heating & Air, Inc. can help. Contact us today and ask about our geothermal HVAC systems and services.